Still Life from Quimper

Still Life from Quimper
A shot of an almost-completed still life needlepoint

Welcome to my Blog

So very happy you came to visit. Now, pull up a chair, pour a glass of your favorite beverage, and read on about adventures in needlework.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pretty pretty pretty yarn



Unlike everyone else, I chose a yarn that has minimal color variation cuz, well, I wanted to see the subtleties of the shading when I start my entrelac pattern.  So I took some pictures at the shop and have posted a couple.  It's kind of hard to see the subtlety in just one shot, so here are a couple in a couple of different lights.  The color is just a shade darker than the second photo, kind of a dark rust.  Which is a color I wear often, so I'm really looking forward to getting started on knitting this cool pattern soon.

1 comment: