Still Life from Quimper

Still Life from Quimper
A shot of an almost-completed still life needlepoint

Welcome to my Blog

So very happy you came to visit. Now, pull up a chair, pour a glass of your favorite beverage, and read on about adventures in needlework.

Friday, February 29, 2008

It's happening!


Wow, I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the entrelac. I expected to love the result, but not the process, so this is a pleasant surprise. I did have to rip out my first two tiers of blocks because I realized I had misunderstood the instructions. When it says to do that series of steps "7 more times," I neglected to count the actual times I'd done it. I just assumed when I got to the end of the round, I was done, and I started going back the other way. WRONG. The rounds are actually meaningless for the entrelac section, so I removed my marker. It was only confusing me! Now I'm on the right track and loving the way this sock looks. Fun fun fun.

No comments: